Your One-Stop Solution for Escondido Hard Water
Water softeners with advanced technology improve your home’s water quality, all over Escondido.
Hard water, especially in and around Escondido, can be tough on plumbing, major appliances, and more. To remove the minerals responsible from your water, Culligan water softeners use cutting-edge, high-efficiency technology to improve water performance and quality throughout your home.
Most Escondido residents use the municipal system, which draws water from surface water sources, as well as some groundwater reserves. Some of these sources are as far away as the Colorado River. After such a long trip, water can accumulate some unwanted additions, and require extensive treatment to be drinkable.
Hard Water Problems
Dissolved minerals like calcium, iron, and magnesium especially contribute to stubborn buildup on plumbing, appliances, and fixtures. In addition to contributing to sometimes expensive maintenance and repairs, hard water can take a toll on your shower routine by leaching moisture and nutrients from your hair, skin, and nails.
Along with visible hard water issues in Escondido, like buildup or staining, many homes without water softeners experience larger problems that can be harder to see — The minerals in hard water contribute to extra wear on appliances, shortening their lives, since they can’t use hard water as efficiently as soft water. These minerals also build up in plumbing and fixtures, which can produce more serious problems for your home’s infrastructure.
Protect your Home with Escondido’s Most Efficient Water Softening Systems
Culligan’s advanced water softeners target and remove problem-causing minerals from water, leaving you with softer water that works more efficiently in your home. Your local, Escondido Culligan Man provides expert testing and evaluation of your water, as well as installation and maintenance of your water softener — for life.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener!
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Soap scum and stains are two of the most visible problems associate with hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Hard water will clog your pores, leaving your skin dry and itchy. Your hair can also become damaged and unmanageable due to hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Calcium and Magnesium in your water can cause your laundry to become stiff or hard. A Culligan Water Softener will not only make your water softer, but also reduce your detergent use. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Soap Scum/Lime Buildup
Soap scum and lime buildup in your Escondido home are the residues that you see left behind on faucets, in your tub and in your sinks. It’s caused by hard water and can be damaging to your pipes and fixtures.
Spots on Glass/Cloudy Glassware
Hard water will leave your glasses spotted and dirty looking even when they come straight out of the dishwasher. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
Total dissolved solids include a wide range of organic and inorganic compounds found in your water such as nitrates, chloride and phosphates. Culligan has a customized treatment solution based off of the TDSs found in your water, and can recommend the perfect solution for your home.
Water Softener Benefits
- Reduce utility bills with softer, more efficient water.
- Extend major appliance life — from the dishwasher, water heater, washing machine, and more.
- Improve the look and feel of hair, skin, and nails.
- Help laundry last longer, and look better, with easier-on-fabric soft water.
- Use, and spend, less on personal care and cleaning products that go farther — and feel better — with softer water.
- Remove and keep dirty spots off silverware, glassware and other appliances and fixtures in your home.
- Soft water may help if you have children susceptible for eczema.
Culligan Escondido Water Softener
Escondido-area residents have trusted their water to Culligan for more than 80 years. Our customer service, cutting-edge water softening technology, and local expertise goes beyond the basic water quality in Escondido to help you find the right solution for professional water softening in your home.
- Local, Escondido water experts test your water to help you learn more about it, and provide solutions for best way to soften it for your home.
- Culligan water softeners include professional installation, routine maintenance for maximum efficiency, and dedicated customer service to make sure you’re always getting the most out of your water softener.
- We’re proud to offer one of the the most efficient water softeners on the market today, the Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener.
- We know water, and water softening technology. It’s why we hold more patents for water softening and treatment than any other water company.
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. Hard water can reduce the quality of water in your home and may also be driving up your water bills, cleaning costs and more. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Hard water can cause corrosive build of scale from mineral deposits in your pipes. Over time, your pipes can clog, water flow can diminish and water pressure will be reduced. Your local Culligan water expert offers range of water softener products that fits your needs, wallet and for every size of household.
The Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener is the most efficient water softener in the market. You save more on water, salt, and electricity with patented smart technology that makes our high-efficiency water softeners up to 46% more efficient than other softeners. Not only will you be saving your wallet by reducing water and electricity costs, but you will also be decreasing your home’s environmental footprint.
Water Softener Product Specifications
Culligan’s proportional brining allows your softener to regenerate only that part of the resin bed that has been exhausted, reducing its salt usage.
- Automatic bypass valve provides the convenience of bypassing the water softener from the softener itself or the remote display.
- Patented Culligan Aqua-Sensor® technology automatically adjusts to changes in water conditions so the softener only regenerates when needed, saving you salt, water, and money.
- Our smart brine tank automatically monitors salt levels and tells you how many days of salt are remaining.
- Exclusive Culligan Soft-Minder® meter monitors daily water use and provides advanced system diagnostics.
- The easy-to-read backlit display with digital clock lets you know your softener is working and alerts you to any system malfunctions.
- Culligan’s Dial-a-Softness® Valve allows you to customize the “feel” of your water, so it never feels too soft or too hard.
Frequently Asked Questions about Culligan Water Softeners
1. Will my water taste salty?
No. A properly functioning water softener will never make your water taste salty. The small amount of sodium added to the water will never create a salty taste.
2. How do I know if I have hard water?
Hard water usually manifests itself in several ways. It leaves white residue behind wherever water evaporates. When hardness reacts with soaps and detergents, it leaves a sticky soap scum behind, and in hot water heating systems it leaves behind a hard scale.
A water softener works through a process known as “ion exchange,” which means that as it removes calcium and magnesium (elements that make water “hard”), it replaces those ions on a one for one basis, usually with sodium. This means that the amount of sodium added to the water is directly proportional to how hard your water is. In most instances the amount being added is so small that it is not a significant contributor to the amount of sodium in your diet.
4. Will a water softener reverse the damage that has already been done to my appliances?
Yes, if your hard water has been building up scale in your appliances, once you install a softener it will begin to remove that built-up scale. It will take a long time to remove it, but it will remove it.
5. Will the softener remove all impurities from my water?
Unfortunately, no. A water softener is designed to remove hardness (calcium and magnesium) from water. They can sometimes remove a limited amount of iron and manganese if you happen to have these problems as well. But if you are looking for great water for drinking and cooking, you should probably consider a reverse osmosis system for that purpose.
6. Are there chemicals used or put into the water to soften the water?
Other than salt or potassium chloride, there are no other chemicals that a water softener uses. On the contrary, using a water softener reduces the amount of cleaning supplies and detergents that you need to put down the drain trying to keep your home and family clean. Using a water softener is very environmentally friendly.
7. How long after installation will I have soft water?
Once a softener is installed, it will begin to soften your water immediately, However, if you have a tank-type hot water heater, it may take a few days to use up that hard water, until you feel the full effects of soft water.
Most good softeners today, recharge based on how many gallons of water you use, and how hard your water is to start with. However, most of our customers today are adding salt once or twice a year, on average.